Saturday 6 June 2015

Pre-Order Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection for Access to the UC4 Multiplayer Beta (and Other Bonuses)


Exactly what the post title says. If you're still pondering whether or not to get Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, it was revealed in the trailer that if you pre-ordered, you'd get access to the Uncharted 4: A Thief's End multiplayer beta. There are a few other pre-order bonuses for the collection itself but it's mostly cosmetic stuff, some new character/weapon skins and a desktop theme.

Now as big a fan of the Uncharted franchise that I am, I still don't believe in pre-order bonuses, so whether or not I decide to get the remastered collection is unaffected by this information but that's just me. There is however, one really big question that arises from this pre-order bonus and that is, will there be an open access beta for the UC4 multiplayer?

Pre-Order Bonuses: Drake Skins, Golden 92FS and AK-47
I've been burnt in the past by pre-ordering games to try out, what I originally thought to be a closed beta, only to eventually find out that it was actually an open beta but with a couple extra closed days tacked on at the beginning. Not only is annoying to realise that you've needlessly spent money but also, I find that the early days of a beta are actually the worse times to play.

This is because there are quite often a few teething problems with the servers and various bugs that need fixing before you can fully enjoy the beta. I remember that when the UC3 mp beta first launched, I had it downloaded shortly after it was available but when I launched it and found matches, it was just way too laggy, so after a few attempts, I gave up and didn't try it again until I knew a patch had gone out.

These days I make it a habbit to jump on a beta I want to play, a day or so after it goes live, when hopefully any major issues will already have been sorted. If there will be an open beta, I'd probably be happy to wait for that but if there isn't, well, I'll cross that bridge if and when it comes up.


Does the UC4 beta access sway you to pre-order UC: TNDC? Let me know below :)

★ Pre-Order Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection on Amazon >> http://amzn.to/1FUBLWE


No comments:

Post a Comment