Saturday 6 June 2015

Confirmed, No Multiplayer for Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (Single Player Campaigns Only)


When I first heard about Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, I was soo happy and excited. But after watching the announcement trailer, my mind does what it usually does and started mulling over what I'd just seen/heard/read and soon after that, the questions started popping up. One of the first things that I thought about was "I wonder what the multiplayer will be like?", followed by the next question, "There will be multiplayer...right?", so I started to do a little digging...

It didn't take me too long to confirm that there wasn't going to be any multiplayer at all for the remastered Uncharted titles. I really don't know why this decision was made, on the one hand I guess the Uncharted multiplayer community isn't exactly massive, so probably wouldn't do well with a split but on the other side, surely with all these PS4's sold, there must be enough new blood to justify MP.

Confirmation, no multiplayer in UC: TNDC
Before this news, I was leaning towards getting a copy of UC: TNDC but now I'm seriously reconsidering. Don't get me wrong I'd love to play these remastered versions but if there's no multiplayer, there's really no immediate rush for me to go out and buy it, well, you know pre-order.

The only incentive left now is the UC4 multiplayer beta access but I've a sneaking suspicion that there will an open beta of some sort and if there is, then that's my decison made for me. I guess that news will come out in due course, if and when I get a definite answer, I'll of course be sharing it with you guys and gals.

What do you think about the exclusion of multiplayer in Uncharted: TNDC? Let me know below :)


Source: PlayStation Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment