Thursday 28 March 2013

No More Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Balance Changes (Officially Confirmed)


Last week I informed you that Mass Effect 3 Weekend Operations were officially confirmed to be altogether finished, in that same article I predicted that the end might also be nigh, for the weekly balance changes made to multiplayer. Well yesterday, a BioWare developer officially posted on the multiplayer forums and proved that my guess was indeed accurate, there will be no more balance changes for ME3 MP. I've quoted the exact post below for you to read yourself:

Hey everyone, I regret to announce that we will no longer be releasing any more balance updates. There are many things we wish we had time to fix and improve, but as Jonathan Warner mentioned in Bioware’s blog post here, the team is moving on to new and exciting projects.

I just wanted to say that our team has really enjoyed interacting with the community this past year through weekend events, balance changes, and discussions on the forums. We learned a lot about running a multiplayer service, and the community definitely taught us a lot about our own game through amazing gameplay videos and in depth analysis of our weapons, powers, and kits. I know Mass Effect 3 multiplayer was a bit controversial when it was announced, but I think it’s safe to say it was a huge success.

Although weekend events and balance changes are finished, you will still see us around the forums. Thanks for playing!

Like the post that I analysed last week, the only tiny bit of additional information that can be gleaned from this one, is that this developer also hints at "moving on to new and exciting projects". I already said that I'm assuming this to be Mass Effect 4 but as of yet there is no official word on what these new ventures might be but you can be sure that if it is Mass Effect related, I'll share the news with you guys :)

Source of quote and image.

No comments:

Post a Comment